Exigent and responsible manufacturer
Quality, Safety & Environnement policy
The environment is a major concern for Canon Bretagne and Canon elaborated our own Environmental Charter to minimise our operations impact. Our products are environmentally conscious developed by using energy-efficient technology, by reducing the use of chemical substances and by maximising resource efficiency.
Beyond these measures, Canon has taken part in great environmental projects: teaming up with WWF (World Wildlife Fund for Nature) and practicing GREEN purchases
In December 2019, the Canon Group made a commitment to adhere to the “Responsible Business Alliance” (RBA), or responsible business agreement. RBA is a non-profit organization that supports the rights and well-being workers and communities around the world. Canon joins over 100 member companies.
As part of its Kyosei corporate philosophy, which can be translated by “living and working in harmony for the common welfare”, the group Canon is committed to further improving its corporate social responsibility (CSR) and adheres to the RBA Code of Conduct.
As a subsidiary, Canon Bretagne is part of the approach initiated by the Canon Group and fully supports the vision and objectives of the RBA:
- Vision: a global industry that creates sustainable value for workers, environment and business.
- Mission: RBA members, suppliers and stakeholders (administrations, schools, etc.) work together to improve working conditions and environmental through leading standards and practices.
Assets and guarantees
- ISO 9001 since 1993 (management de la qualité / certificate n°FR16/81842101)
- First French industrial site certified ISO 14001 in 1995 (management environnemental / certificate n°JP96/008114.00)
- ISO 13485 (dispositifs médicaux / certificate n°FR16/81842100)
- We ensure you that your products comply with the RoHS (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) and REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) directives requirements.
Safety & Health
Safety is our priority. Through various actions implemented in our factory, we are commited to take care of our employees’ health to avoid accident.
Every year, Canon Bretagne works to reduce its environmental impact in terms of electricity consumption, the City water withdrawal, volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions and waste management.
Today, while continuing these reduction actions, Canon Bretagne has decided to invest in the preservation of biodiversity and in CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) environmental actions.
Canon Bretagne won the company prize at the 15th edition of the Breton Sustainable Development Trophies.
Organized by the State, the Environment and Energy Management Agency (Ademe) and the Brittany region, these trophies each year promote the most innovative projects integrating the four dimensions of sustainable development: environmental, economic, social and democratic quality. In its participation file, Canon Bretagne has shown its involvement in sustainable development through the actions carried out during the year 2020.